Saturday, December 15, 2007

Live from Queens NY

Hi all,

this is my first blog entry...on the road to East Africa via the NYC subway...after hustling off the subway with enough stuff for seven families we made it Vinay's house...a lovely comfortable home with steaming Indian food and milk tea...We are now 4, the other 4 students will be meeting us at JFk this afternoon....Some last minute sandal shopping for Kate and we should be out, ready to meet Africa.

I will try to update this blog as often as I am able...do comment or message as often as you want, I love and miss you all already.

asante sana,
amanda

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Woohoo! It sounds like your adventure is off to a great start! Hope you find some cool sandals.

Unknown said...

Also... I am not aware of any NYC subway line that stops off in Nairobi. Not absolutely 100% on this, but pretty sure. You may have to get off the subway considerably sooner.

:P

Tamara said...

Bon voyage, Amanda! We'll all be thinking of you.
love and hugs, Tamara

Kira Nelson said...

Hey buddy. Weird that you're there already! I guess I'll just have to mail my christmas present to you. Glad you decided to do a blog and I can't wait to see what you run into.
chau!

Mzee said...

Jambo, dottah yangu. Mwende nzuri ndani mashua ndeke. Kwaheri.
Baba Mzee

Elizabeth said...

Hi Amanda,

Just a quick hello and good bye before leaving for break. Miss you lots. BTW, you won a laptop, don't stress, it will be here when you get back. Be safe, have a ball.

Happy Holidays!

xoxo
Elizabeth